Welcome to PicPaw, the online and mobile service of Beijing Inking Co, Ltd. (“Inking,” “we,”
applies to our Service, and your choices about the collection and use of your information.
This policy sets out how PicPaw collects and uses the information that we collect about you when you use the PicPaw services. This policy also explains the choices that you can make about the way that we use your information.
We may ask for certain information such as a username, and e-mail address when you register for a PicPaw account, or if you correspond with us. We may also retain any messages you send through the Service, and may collect information you provide in User Content you post to the Service. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. We may also use this information to correspond with you, and to address any issues you raise about the Service.
Information we collect from you automatically
We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service.
When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file
containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely
identifies your browser and lets PicPaw help you log in faster and enhance your
navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you
use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you
take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the
Service over time.
You can control or reset your cookies through your web browser, which will allow you to customise your cookie preferences and to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log file informationLog file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Device identifiersWhen you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by PicPaw. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled. Device Identifiers used by PicPaw include the Android Advertising ID and iOS Advertising Identifier.
How we use your informationWe use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the Service: We use the information that you provide us to provide the Service to you. This includes allowing you to log in to PicPaw, operating and maintaining the Service, giving you access to your designs and billing you for transactions that you make via the Service. We also use information we collect about you automatically to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site
- For data analytics: We use information about you to help us improve the PicPaw Service and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Customising the Service for you: We use information you provide us and information about you to make sure that your use of the Service is customised to your needs.
- To communicate with you about the Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about critical elements of the Service. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
- To promote and drive engagement with the PicPaw Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you about features and offers relating to the Service that we think you would be interested in. We also use information we collect about you to make sure that you get the most relevant offers and promotions based on your use of the Service, and your preferences.
- Customer happiness: We use information about you, information that you provide to our customer happiness team, and information about your interactions with the Service to resolve technical issues you experience with the Service, and to ensure that we can repair and improve the Service for all PicPaw users.
- For matters that you have specifically consent to: From time to time PicPaw may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
Legal bases for processing information under the GDPR (for users in the EEA)For PicPaw users in the the European Economic Area (EEA) PicPaw processes your information in accordance with European laws and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR governs how PicPaw may process your information, and the rights that EEA users have in relation to it. This means that PicPaw will collect and use your information only where: a
- We need it to provide you the Service and fulfil our obligations to you under our Terms of Service. This includes providing you with access to the information that you create in your designs.
- It it justified because of a legitimate interest such as for research and development or marketing the Service (but only where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your data).
- You consent to us using your information in a certain way.
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations. If you have consented to our use of your information you may withdraw that consent at any time. Depending on the situation you can either withdraw your consent by emailing [email protected], or through your account settings page. Where we are using your information because of a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use. However, if you do so it may mean that it is not possible for you to continue using the Services.
Sharing your informationWe will not rent or sell your information into third parties outside PicPaw and its group companies (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) without your consent, except as noted in this section:
- Customer support and customer management;
- Email services;
- Hosting and storage;
- Analytics; and
- Delivery of physical products;
Who you may choose to share your User Content withAny information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information. PicPaw may also share your information with third parties in certain circumstances, such as where:
Who you may choose to share your User Content withAny information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
Cross-border transfers of information (for users in the EEA)For Users in the EEA, where we transfer your information to a third party provider that is not located in the EEA, and is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, we will require those third party providers to enter into an agreement that provides appropriate safeguards for your information. From time to time we may also seek your consent to transfer your information to a third country outside the EEA.
Keeping your information safePicPaw cares about the security of your information, and uses appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from PicPaw, at all times. However, PicPaw cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to PicPaw or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the PicPaw Service, such as social networks. PicPaw is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Compromise of informationIn the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, PicPaw will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Your choices about your information
You control your account information and settingsYou may update your account information by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at [email protected]
Opting out of collection of your informationPlease refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents PicPaw or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service, and for use in targeted advertising activities by PicPaw, including via third parties’ websites. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at [email protected]
Rights in respect of your InformationThe laws of some countries grant particular rights in respect of personal information. Users in those jurisdictions may have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information;
- Request that we correct inaccuracies relating to your information;
- Request that your information be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
- Request a structured electronic version of your information; and
- Object to our use of your information;
How long we keep your User ContentFollowing termination or deactivation of your User account, PicPaw may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time, and for as long as we have a valid purpose to do so. In particular, PicPaw may retain your information for the purpose of comply with its legal and audit obligations, and for backup and archival purposes.
Children’s privacyPicPaw does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 and the Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]